Monday, February 4, 2013

The Best Cauliflower in the World

This is the best cauliflower in the world. There's not much more to say.
The Best Cauliflower in the World
Never did I imagine that fresh cauliflower in the produce section of the grocery store would stir up cravings that potato chips or french fries used to. This vegetable really surprised me. I always ignored it, reaching for broccoli, spinach, or even celery instead. Little did I know that one of my future favorite foods was right in front of me all along.

This is so fast and easy to make. I'm not kidding, it will blow your mind. Make it. NOW.

Recipe (adapted from this recipe):
Ingredients:
1 whole head of cauliflower
1/4 cup olive oil
1 lemon, juiced
6 cloves fresh garlic, minced
Coarse ground salt & pepper
1/4 tsp. ground turmeric
Green onions or chives for garnish
Parmesan cheese for topping, grated
Ingredients for Best Cauliflower in the World
Directions:
Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Chop cauliflower into 1 to 1-1/2" florets. Put in an oven-safe skillet or baking dish and coat in olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and turmeric. Stir well to make sure cauliflower is evenly coated. Bake for 15 minutes.
Cauliflower before Baking

After baking, sprinkle Parmesan cheese over cauliflower and garnish with chives or green onions.
Cauliflower after Baking

Simple and fast! The olive oil, lemon juice and garlic create a tangy sauce while baking that is addicting. The turmeric adds a nice golden hue and depth of flavor. The Parmesan cheese makes the dish rich and salty.
Cauliflower after Baking
We ate ours as a side dish, with lasagna and salad. This is a savory snack I could eat every day! I seriously licked my plate after eating this!
Cauliflower with Lasagna and Salad




No comments:

Post a Comment